Expert indexing by Paula C. Durbin-Westby. I create indexes for scholarly and trade books and journals, and government and private industry documents.
• I create professional indexes according to your specifications
• Expertise in concepts and terminology: cultural studies, disability studies, gender and women’s studies, international relations, literary criticism, health sciences, musicology and music theory, philosophy, political science, psychology/psychiatry, sociology
• Ability to work effectively with diverse authors and publishers
• Accurate indexing of subject matter
• Favorable comments from authors and editors
• References and sample indexes available on request
• Judge: ASI–H.W. Wilson Award for Excellence in Indexing, 2006
• Panelist: Scholarly Indexing at ASI Annual Convention, 2000
• Membership in American Society of Indexers, 1993-2011, 2014
• Index approximately 60 titles per year
• Production of high-quality indexes
Manager, 1986–1988. Twin Oaks Indexing.
• Training indexers
• Overseeing indexing projects
• Management of business
Indexer, 1984–1988. Twin Oaks Indexing.
• Indexed books on a wide variety of subjects, including literary criticism,
political science, international relations, general trade books.
- Bachelor of Music, University of Richmond, Virginia. Summa cum laude.
- Bachelor of Arts, English Literature, University of Maryland College Park. Magna cum laude.